Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 3

Good morning to everyone out there!

I have gotten through two days of Persist and approx. eight hours of prayer and two lessons and I'm more excited than ever for what else God has in store!
Yesterday was even more fun than the first day! We all got here at 9am and I got everyone donuts and we saw that one of the circles of dough in the center of the donut didn't fall out and of course I ate that one! We went over to Bennu, a coffee house that makes really good lattes and had compostable cups which impressed me very much, for our one on one mentoring time. It was really good to hear more about Moriah and Bethany and we were all so open with eachother and our walks with God it felt really nice to know that I am not the only person who sometime's feels like my walk with God isn't as good as it could be in some areas and that we can all make our relationships better, with the help of God and Persist.
Then we came back to AHOP and spent our two hours of prayer. We met this really nice guy named Daron(Daron, if you're reading this I'm so sorry if I misspelled your name!) and he just happened to be in the prayer room at the same time that we were and we got to pray for him! He was a musician and Bethany loves music so we asked him to pray for Bethany too, and it was so sweet!
Then we went into lunch and I'm so cool that I had to eat something else as usual because I'm such a picky-eater. And after lunch we went out on the porch to play some cards and that was fun, we played two hands and Moriah won the first and I won the second hand!! Yay!
We went back in for our lesson on listening to God and asking him questions and how you know that it is God's voice you are listening to which was VERY helpful, I've struggled in the past a lot with discerning what God's voice is. And after class it was really easy with the tips they gave us. They asked us to ask the Lord three questions and write down the answers he gave us, and I suppose I'll tell you one of the really cool answers I got to one of my questions. I asked Jesus "What is one of the treasures that you have waiting for me in heaven?" and he replied instantly "A stringed instrument much like a lute or mandolen, made of perfectly smooth shiny golden wood. The strings are tight and always tuned, and not rough so that no matter how long you play your fingers won't hurt. On the body of the instrument were carvings of scene's of happy memories of my life! And what I thought was the most wonderful was that it didn't just make the sound a lute makes, but it could make any sound I wanted it to or even multiple instruments at once and could even make the sounds of people singing." I couldn't believe that God would give me something so wonderful to worship him with!
Well we finished out the day with another two hours of prayer and I'm super excited for what we are going to learn about and do today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment