Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 4

It's me again!
Another awesome day yesterday! I had so much fun! I showed up and was asked to go water the garden outside. I had so much fun watering the plants and singing Micheal Jackson hits all by myself!
Then I went in for my hour of individual study and finished my book "The Way of the Heart". I was happy to finish it, but that is no big feat because it's only about 90 pages long. It was a good book, well written, not all of the idea's and precepts of the Desert Father's agreed with me, but I had to keep in mind the different time and simple life the monks led which isn't possible now in this era.
Then we went into the prayer room for an hour and a half for silent prayer and study and they asked us to do an Ignatius exercise, where you read a story in the bible(they said the best kinds are stories from the Gospels or 1 Samuel) and picture yourself as the main character and try to imagine what that person is thinking, feeling and how their life was changed. We read the passage John 4:4-20 of the woman at the well and when we met together after our studies we all said what we got from the passage and it was really cool to hear all the different interpretations that people came up with.
Then we went to get lunch and met in the back with Philipe(sorry if I also misspelled your name!) for our lesson. We talked about being "Christ-like" and what that end product looks like. He read to us from the end of "Renovation of the Heart" and made it so easy and simple to understand. And he was very straight forward and insightful about how God felt about us and what he wanted us to work towards and be like as his children. We actually talked about a half hour over our allowed time for the lesson!
Then we went into the prayer room again and jammed and danced with everyone and prayed for awhile and before the two hours was up, the two other interns and I sat in the center of the circle and everyone prayed for us and it was really sweet!
Then we had extra fun time after that(not that everything else wasn't fun too!) so we set up a foursquare court in the back and played like an hour and a half of foursquare and I was King for the longest amount of time, but Matt followed close behind he was really good at it, with all sorts of tricks we couldn't keep up with.
And that was the end of my day. It was really fun. Now I'm even more excited for today because we are doing something I love very much! We're going TREASURE HUNTING!!! If you don't know what that is you're are just going to have to wait until tomorrow when I'll have some awesome stories to tell you about today!

1 comment:

  1. Callie, I am really enjoying your daily blogs. sounds like you are having a wonderful spiritual adventure. You write so articulately--I almost feel like I am experiencing it with you! Love you!!!
    Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete