Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 5

Dear Readers,

Remember how I told you in my last post that I was super excited about the next day? Well...I had a great reason to be excited about Treasure Hunting! I had the most fun yesterday out of all four days so far at Persist. But I am going to tell my whole day in order because Treasure Hunting wasn't the only thing that happened and I'm not changing the pattern of the way I write my posts any time soon! So let's get started!
I got to AHOP at the usual time about eight o'clock(oh and I've been getting several comments from followers asking "how do you get up that early to blog???" and in actuality I am just waking up at that moment and don't get to AHOP to start writing buy about eight o'clock in the morning so the time is about two hours slow!(I thought I would clear that up(Oh and any further questions or comments PLEASE ask! I'd be happy to answer and love your feedback!!!) and grab a doughnut and my coffee and sat down to write the last entry, and thought about all the awesome things I would be doing today.
We went into the prayer room at nine and Philipe was already in there playing the piano and singing scripture right out of the bible which I was really inspired by. And we prayed for about an hour and I started my second book "Streams of Living Water" about the different types of traditions of spirituality in Christianity , like Evangelical(Word-centered Life), contemplative(Prayer-filled Life), holiness(Virtuous Life) and so on.
Then at 10am we all gathered together in the center and Will and his friend Mike came to join us. Mike was leaving to go to a businessmen gathering that connected Christian business partners and so we were able to pray for Mike before he left and after we all prayed for him we all felt really encouraged and ready to go Treasure Hunting!
I think I have left you hanging on the last two words of that sentence for long enough! Treasure Hunting is a form of street ministry that originated in California and has found it's way to AHOP! Well you start out in a prayer asking God to give you clue's to finding your treasure, things like appearance, places, names, what to pray for, and just other things that don't even fall into these categories. And once you have those then you can start out looking, it's nice to go to some place where there are a lot of people like a mall or street down town. And you look for people that fit your clues that you got from God in prayer, don't be afraid to go off the list though if you feel led to pray for someone. Well we went to Highland Mall and had a blast!!! I have so many stories to tell that I am actually going to make it a whole post of its own! So you will have to wait until my next entry to read all of those!
We ate lunch at the food court and we have the big joke going around because one of the interns doesn't like to eat and has a very sensitive stomach, but they ate more than twice what we've ever seen them eat before in that one sitting! Crazy!
Well we went back to AHOP and had about an hour of free-time so we played four square again and that was fun! And then we checked in and talked about our plans for next week and that was good to get any idea about.
Then we had a study time and prayer time for another hour, and while we were praying a girl came in and we all decided to pray for her. She was so happy and joyful and we spent a ton of time just laughing with the Holy Spirit it was a GREAT way to end the day!
So be on the look out for my next post! Because I am going to have some CRAZY FIERCE happenings for you to read about!


And we are......................................................................published!

No comments:

Post a Comment